Getting Rid Of Bed Bugs
What To Do And What Not To Do
Getting rid of bed bugs is a problem all over the world right now, worse than it's been in
twenty years. People are trying everything to get rid of them, some of
them very dangerous. We have prepared a list of things to do, not to do,
when getting rid of bed bugs.
- If you hire someone to come into your home to spray, make sure you know
what they are using. Make sure you know what precautions you need to
take and them take them. Make sure your pets and the rest of your family
- Eliminate clutter in your home. If you have already done this, do it
again. Bed bugs love clutter.
- Use extra care when vacuuming. Do not take the vacuum from one room
to another. After cleaning an infected room remove the bag from the
vacuum, put it in a plastic bag, and get it out of the house.
- Be very careful when buying second hand furniture or clothing. Make
sure they are bed bug free and then give them a bed bug treatment. After
that you should wash them completely before bringing them into you home.
- It is recommended that you do not spray your home with store bought bug
spray. More than likely, the bed bugs will just scatter and hide.
They are good at hiding and they are resistant to many of the common
pesticides sold in the stores. Special bed bug sprays are needed to kill
- The best way to rid your home of bed bugs is the heat method. It's
not cheap but it is effective. Special heaters are used to heat one room
at a time to over 200 degrees for several hours.
- When using any kind of chemical in your home, if the warning label says
"Keep Out Of Reach Of Children" then do so.
- Use extra precautions when traveling. Check your motel rooms before
moving your stuff in, and check your stuff before moving out. The idea
is to not take any bugs with you when you travel and to not leave any behind
at places you visited.
- Do a regular cleaning with a mixture of 1/2 cup Borax and one gallon of
water. This can be applied out of a bucket with a rag or spayed out of a
bottle. This solution can be used to treat your mattress or any other
area you see bed bugs hanging out.
Getting rid of bed bugs can be an ongoing chore until new and better
pesticides are developed, ones the bugs are not immune to. They are being
worked on and hopefully will be on the market soon.
top of Getting Rid Of Bed Bugs
Other related pages at Relax and Sleep
Cures For Insomnia :
Insomnia Cure Bath
Breathing Technique :
Deep Meditation Music :
How To Fall Asleep :
Insomnia Solution :